Achieve your ambitions in international business
Cambridge English: Business Higher shows employers that you have the drive and motivation to achieve an advanced level of business English, and can use your skills to function effectively in most international business situations.
Language skills for real-life business situations
Cambridge English: Business Higher is set at Level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). C1 is the level of English required for demanding professional and academic settings and shows employers you can:
- communicate effectively at managerial and professional level
- participate with confidence in workplace meetings and presentations
- express yourself with a high level of fluency
- react appropriately in different cultural and social situations.
If you have not yet entered the job market, it can also be used to show universities and colleges that you can:
- follow an academic business course at a university level of excellence
- carry out complex and challenging research.
- Debate and negociate expertly. Lead in international situations.
Improving your employability and career prospects
Proving your business English abilities can open the door to career opportunities with a new employer, or can make your ambitions for promotion or career development within your current organisation a reality.
Clear, reliable evidence of your language ability
Employers value and rely on Cambridge English: Business Higher because it is a thorough test of all four language skills (reading, writing, speaking and listening) in a business context.
A well known business magazine published recently indicating that there are two strata’s of business leaders today, those with excellence in English who belong to a small closed circle and the rest. As with proficiency in the main suite exams, passing this level is a big step towards excellence. But, there is no proficiency level or pure test of top grammar. And then there is always the need to maintain the level achieved or to press on to reach true status, a lifetime task but a pleasurable one.