FCE: Ready for success in the real world
The Cambridge English: First exam uses real-life situations that are especially designed to help you communicate more effectively and learn the language skills you need to take the next step to success.
Real-life language skills
Cambridge English: First is set at Level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) for Languages. B2 is the level of English needed to:
- Sudy in English at foundation or pathway level
- Work in an English-speaking environment
- Live independently in an English-speaking country.
- For example, at B2 level, you can expect to:
- Understand the main ideas of complex pieces of writing
- Keep up a conversation on a fairly wide range of topics, expressing opinions and presenting arguments
- Produce clear, detailed writing, expressing opinions and explaining the advantages and disadvantages of different points of view.
Preparing for Cambridge English: First will give you these kinds of practical language skills.
Your certificate is accepted by thousands of employers, universities and government departments around the world.
– It is accepted by thousands of industrial, administrative and service-based employers as a qualification in upper-intermediate English.
– It is also accepted by a wide range of educational institutions for study purposes.
Companies such as American Express, Agfa-Gevaert GmbH, Siemens AG and Procter & Gamble all recognise the value of Cambridge English: First in their overseas offices.